AboutJ. Z. Shah Arts and H. P. Desai Commerce College throughout its glorious history, has played a pivotal role in the field of Commerce and Arts education. It provides technology based integrated and inclusive education in a disciplined, dynamic, vibrant and hygienic environment. We try to nurture students with adequate emphasis on all the three aspects of integrated education e.g. physical, intellectual and value education. Our college is equipped with state-of-the-art lecture rooms, computer laboratory, enriched library, sports equipment and parking facilities with great digitisation.
CollegeIn the past two decades J.Z.Shah Arts & H.P. Desai Commerce College – Amroli has grown by leaps and bounds. The college has been widening its horizons, expanding its wings and exploring its possibilities of new and recent innovations in every field. Amroli college today holds a recognized position in Surat as being a college which instills in the students a sense of discipline, commitment and values necessary to move up in the ladder of life. The motto is to develop students’ personality in such a way that they not only excel in studies but are also equipped with knowledge needed to face the challenges of life and are community & society oriented.
It is the celebration of the spirit of youth that the college rejoices in. The diversity whether it is related to the gender, class, minority communities, students from SC/ST/OBC/PH all are catered to with an endearing amount of equality. The access of education is the right of every student of India and many schemes have been launched to promote ‘inclusiveness’ in the campus.
The college is not just a platform for performance but it is also a community which promotes collaborative learning through community oriented activities. It is a rich blend of modern technology and traditional values. The campus buzzes with co-curricular and extra curricular activities throughout the year. Excellence and Humanism, Hard skills and Soft skills Rights and Responsibilities go hand in hand in nurturing the talent of the amroli-ites.
An attempt is made to bring girls in the mainstream. Their zest for life, enthusiasm find a right voice in the ever widening exposure provided to them in the institute. Be it sports, cultural activities, academics, NCC & NSS the women students are allowed 10 give wings to their dreams and realize their potential. It is said, “To take on tomorrow you simply have to better today”, The institute is constantly working towards realizing its vision. Quality management and innovation are promoted. English proficiency, vocational skills personality development, career guidance, social welfare are all emphasized and the teaching becomes student centered with a right blend of experiential learning and interactive method with the aid of multi media room and Digital English Language Lab.
Milestone2017-05-121991Year of Establishment2017-05-121997Commencement of English Medium2017-05-122008-09
- NAAC Accreditation
- Launch of post Graduation Center in Arts
- Launch of post Graduation Centre in Commerce ( English Medium)
- Commencement of Women’s Afternoon Additional Class
- Installation of LCD Projectors in every classroom a step towards transforming the college into E-college.
- Launch of Five new Post graduate Courses: M.A.-English, M.A.-Guajarati, M.A-Sanskrit, M.A.-Economics, M.Com(English Medium),M.Com (Gujarati Medium-1 Additional Division)
- Launch of Afternoon Classes of B.Com.-(Gujarati Medium-II divisions & English Medium-1 division) only for women to use the infrastructure to its maximum potential and provide more opportunities for the girl students.
- Workshop for MBA/M..Phil Entrance Exam
- Launch of Remedial Coaching Class in the core subjects of Accountancy/Statistics/English for SC/ST/OBC/PH/Minority Students to promote ‘Inclusiveness’
- Campaign for driving license, Election Voting Card and Passport in the Campus
- Assisting Four boys in realizing their dream of becoming an NCC Cadet by making arrangements for their enrollment in Sir K.P. College of Commerce, Surat
- Commencement of GCET-MBA/MCA Coaching Classes in Collaboration with PT education
- Started a one hour workshop in the Digital English Language Laboratory for all the students of Amroli college.
- Launched the “Vaanche Gujarat Abhiyaan”and as a part of it organized Book
- Review Sessions by students every week to develop the reading skills.
- Installation of LCD Projectors in every classroom –a step towards
- Transforming the college into E-college.
- Distribution of Laptops to the majority of the teaching staff .
- Distribution of I-Pods to the Differently – abled students.
- Subscription to INFLIBNET w.e.f October’2010
- Sanction of Additional Financial Assistance to colleges already covered under Section 12B of UGC during XIth Plan period .
- Introduced the Semester system at First Year B. Com./B.A. as per the VNSGU, Surat norms.
- Initialization of the Live Video Streaming facility
- Wi-fi enabled Classroom
- Enrollment of all the students in the N-list programme for accessing E-resources of INFLIBNET w.e.f. 12th’2011
- Distribution of I-Pods to all blind students
- Air conditioned Staff Room
- Introduction of the Semester system & subscription to E-resources of INFLIBNET
- Package e-Mahavidyalya & SCOPE-DELL Training for all students
- Installation of ERP Package e-Mahavidyalya for Administrative staff
- Introduced the Face Detection System to record attendance
- Amroli Arts and Commerce College account on Facebook
- Launch of Motive Group By the study Circle-a branch of Career Guidance Club
- Installation of Interactive White Boards
- Workshop for NET/SET & UPSC/GPSC exams in the campus on regular basis
- Registration for Post-Matric Scholarship Policy for Minorities under the Online Management System
- SCOPE-DELL Training for all students
- Online payment of admission fees introduced & registered with i-collect of State Bank Of India
- Registration as Test Center for SCOPE exam
- Launch of Online Saptadhara Portal
- Online Registration of Attendance of Students
- Subscription to DEL-NET w.e.f. 18th,12
- Inauguration of Commerce Lab -30- Oct-13
- Air conditioned Library & Administrative Offices
- Procured the Data Access Management System of INFLIBNET
- Re-subscription to DELNET with effect from 9th January,2014
- NAAC Re-accreditation Team visited OCT 2013
- Re-accredited by NAAC gets “B” Grade with CGPA 2.74- 21 Feb 2014
- College fest hosted by the students’ Council- ‘INNOVISION-2014’
- Pravesh-Utsav for Freshers
- Passing the baton of IQAC in the hands of new leader and his team with effect from 1st Sept. 2014
- Sponsorship by P.P. Savani Group for fatherless girl child under the aegis of “Vyaotsav”
- Monthly Submission of Teaching Report
- Hosted the Inter college Book Review and Elocution Competition only for teachers
- Celebration of Knowledge Week
- Launched a mobile application titled “Amroli College” with effect from 30 th Dec 2014
- Launched a mobile application titled “I Notice Board” with effect from 2nd March 2015
- “Parent -Teacher-Student Meet” on 21st Feb, 2015
- Organized UGC Sponsored National Level 7 days Workshop on 23rd-29th March, 2015
- Under the UGC Plan-XII applied for Community College of Bachelor of Vocational (Retail Management) & Bachelor of Vocational(Tourism, Banking & Insurance Service Industry) April-May 2015
Founder & Trustees
- Shri Vinaybhai P. Desai
- Dr. Mahendrakumar N. Solanki
- Shri Bharatkumar P. Zaveri
- Shri Jayantibhai N. Patel
- Dr. Praffulbhai B. Chhasatia
- Dr. Jyotsanaben B. Vadza
- Shri Virenkumar S. Shah
- Shri Sampatbhai M. Shah
- Shri Ajitbhai C. Shah
- Shri Rajeshbhai S. Shah
- Shri Rohitkumar J. Shah
- Shri Rushabhbhai S. Shah
- Shri Bhadreshkumar B. Shah
- Dr. Sanjaykumar B. Shah
- Dr. Pradeepkumar B. Shah
- Shri Ashivinbhai T. Shah
- Shri Sureshbhai J. Desai
- Prin. Dr. Kishorsinh N. Chavda – (Ex. Officio)
- Prin. Kalpanaben G. Desai – (Ex. Officio)
Principal’s DeskWelcome to J. Z. Shah Arts and H. P. Desai Commerce College, where technology, innovation, excellence come together to create a dynamic exciting and stimulating learning environment for our students. Our forte is value based education & strong and healthy student – teacher relationship. We emphasis on self-discipline and character building.
Our fraternity has successfully conducted themselves over the years for achieving excellence. The faculty members continue to discharge their duties with dedication, commitment, passion and courage. To meet the broader challenges, our teachers take care as to what our students need to learn today to prepare for tomorrow. We enrich our student’s personality by encouraging their participation in curricular and extracurricular activities. We not only maintain the credibility of the examination system, but also ensure transparency & just and fair college administration by giving equal treatment to all students.
I can assure that your experience at J. Z. Shah Arts and H. P. Desai Commerce College will certainly culminate in achieving your academic, personal and career goals. We will continue to fire your imagination, creativity and shape your future.
I convey my good wishes to all those who are aspiring to get admitted to J. Z. Shah Arts and H. P. Desai Commerce College.
With best wishes,
Dr. Kishorsinh N.Chavda
Vision & Mission
VisionTo attain excellence of students in academic and other programs and for creating an environment that is dedicated to inculcating in students the skills and values necessary to succeed in real life situations and 10 make them responsible citizens
MissionThe mission of the institution is to help and promote education by providing the opportunities and creating environment along with academic, cultural and social activities for overall development of learner’s personality.
Goals & Objectives
- To provide educational environment to the students of all sections of society.
- To develop skill of commerce and that of languages on the basis of which they may go for higher studies or for self-employment.
- To create awareness among students for social causes.
- To have a good blend of technology and education to enable the students to achieve their goals.
- To create self confidence in the students by offering them ample scope for active participation in various activities.
- Rotary Round Town Trophy winner Eleven Times in a Row for collecting the Highest Number of blood Bags from amongst the colleges of Surat City.
- Best Support Institute Trophy by 6 Gujarat Girls BN NCC, Surat for providing infrastructure facilities for hosting the Combined Annual Training Camp -2012.
- Installation of LCD Projectors in every classroom –a step towards transforming the college into E-college.
- Distribution of Laptops to the majority of the teaching staff.
- Distribution of I-Pods to the differently- abled students.
- Subscription to INFLIBNET w.e.f. October 2010.
- Introduced the Semester system at First Year& Second Year B. Com./B.A. as per the VNSGU, Surat norms.
- Enrollment of all the students in the N-list programme for accessing E-resources of INFLIBNET w.e.f. 12th 2011.
- Airconditioned Staff Room.
- Wi-Fi enabled class rooms
- Installation of ERP Package e-Mahavidyalya for Administrative/ Teaching staff.
- Introduced the Face Detection System to record attendance
- Amroli Arts and Commerce College account on Facebook
- Launch of Motive Group by the study circle-a branch of the Career Guidance Club
- Installation of Interactive White Boards.
- Workshop for NET/SET every Friday and Saturday during vacations.
- Registration for Post-Matric Scholarship Policy for Minorities under the Online Management System.
- SCOPE-DELL Training for all students (OAS Scheme).
- Online payment of admission fees introduced & registered with i-collect of State Bank Of India ( First College in South Gujarat to do so).
- Registration as Test Centre for SCOPE exam.
- Adult Literacy Program –Evening Classes.
- Initiated the Model Test Paper Scheme with a set Time-table.
- Launch of Online Saptadhara Portal.
- Online Registration of attendance of students.
- Subscription to DEL-NET w.e.f. 18th 2012
Anti Ragging CommitteeAs per the UGC regulation and recommendations, the college has appointed an anti-ragging committee to curb the meance of ragging. The students are free to contact the following members.
- Dr. K. N. Chavda (Chairperson)
- Ms. B. A. Thakor (Vice Chairperson)
- Mr. H. B. Patel
Anti-Ragging SquadAs per the UGC regulation and recommendations, the college has appointed an anti-ragging committee to curb the meance of ragging. The students are free to contact the following members.
- Dr. R. N. Sadari (Coordinator)
- Ms. N. V. Upadhyay
- Mr. G. B. Joshi
- Mr. V. M. Chaudhari
- Ms. B. A. Thakor
Grievance Redressal CellThe students are entitled to redressal of their grievance by the Grievance Redressal Committee of the institution within 10 days of making a representation as per the UGC ( Grievance Redressal ) Regulations, 2012. Students Have a right to lodge their complaints and grievances. The college also values and attends to their problems. Therefore the Grievance Redressal Cell has been formed and the students in case of any problem can contact
- Ms. N. V. Upadhyay (Chairpeson)
- Mr. N. B. Bariya (Vice Chairperson)
- Institute has appropriate resources like classrooms, libraries, laboratories and other academic facilities necessary for quality education. It fulfills the UGC rules and regulations for fitness of universities and colleges for Grants under section 12 B of the UGC Act 1956. The students are also entitled to reasonable access to sports and recreation facilities, avenues for literary, aesthetic and other extra-curricular pursuits.
- Amroli village is now a part of the Surat Municipal Corporation. As it is at a distance of only 5 minutes from Utran sation students can some easily from Kim, Sayan, Kosamba and the places nearby. Moreover, Amroli college is accessible in 15-20 minutes from Surat Railway Station, Bus Depot and Chowk.
- Different prize and trophy schemes for the students scoring highest marks in the university.
- Classrooms are fully furnished & well maintained.
- The college has a fully Air Conditioned multimedia room. It has Interactive White Board, L.C.D. projector, 100 well cushioned and elegant chairs and three Air Conditioners of 1.5 tonne.
- Post Graduate (M.Com.) students of the college are faciliated with a special library rich with latest books.
- For N.S.S. activities the college has a separate room with necessary facilities. There are five units ofN.S.S.
- For Girls N.C.C. facility is available.
- There is 22×89 Feet (1958 Sq. Feet) sized library. There is a large number of books pertaining to the syllabus of the students. Moreover, major newspapers, magazines, journals and periodicals are subscribed in English / Gujarati / Hindi languages. Internal facility is also available in the library.
- Needy students are issued books for the whole year at a depreciation price from Dr. Mahendrakumar Solanki Students Aid Library.
- For the identification of the student Modem I-Cards with lamination are issued with photograph of the student.
- College has a high power generator of 15 horse power to face occasional power cut.
- Each and every class room is equipped with micro phones so that teachers can teach well and students can have a better access to the lectures.
- College has fax machines of its own. Moreover it is equipped with a computer lab with internet facility, the benefit of which can be taken by staff as well as students.
- College has a latest home theatre facility.
- There are three Xerox Machines in the college one in the administrative office, one in the college library and one in the principal’s office. The staff and students can utilize them at a very reasonable rate.
- Central mike announcement system and corridor broadcasting system is there so that announcements can be made to pass on information.
- Adisplay information board is placed inteh college to inform students of various classrooms and offices.
- College offers scope for indoor games like chess, table tennis etc.
- College office is fully computerized. Staff members are provided with a computer and intercom facility.
- There is a large R.C.C. parking of 57 blocks in which 1000 to 1200 vehicles can be parked easily. There is a separate parking for staff and differently-abled.
- There is a large open R.C.C. place of24450 sq. feet in the college campus for the students to sit.
- There is a TV, in the Library, Staff room and in the Principal’s office. There are 15 cameras of close circuit TV, with Rotor.
- Three different refrigerators are there for principal, teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Two water coolers aqua guard water purifier system and 3 water resources are there in the college for about 2500 students of the college and about 5754 students of the campus. For 5754 students of the campus there is a ‘RO’ Mineral water plant which gives about 300 liters of water per hour.
- The arrangement of separate girls rooms is made.
- There is a facility of coin box telephone for the students.
- 16 large notice boards are kept for the students in the college. (Dept. wise, committee wise)
- There is a copier machine which can make 120 copies in a minute.
- Separate Strong Room is made for keeping answer books and question papers of university as well as internal exams.
- 3 electronic geysers of5litre capacity are kept in the bathrooms, toilets.
- A water tank of 3000 litres, 5 tanks of a capacity of 1000 litres and 2 tanks of 500 litres are there, which are washed and cleaned at regular intervals.
- There is a 30 point intercom facility in the whole college.
- For any ceremony, college has a kitchen set for 300 people with all the vessels for preparing and arranging lunch and dinner.
- Each and every employee of this college has been trained in the use of computers.
- Computer Lab with internet connectivity and Wi-fi enabled campus.
- College has a Kodak easy share C-533 camera with the help of which students are catered with photos and information at the cost of a C.D.
- Website & Facebook Account.
- Separate Notice board.
- L.C.D. facility.
- Parking for Staff and students.
- Open air stage.
- Locker for every teacher.
- Battery operated inverters.
- Musical instruments.
- Sports uniform.
- Counseling room.
- Vacuum cleaner.
- N.S.S. equipments.
- Coffee, Tea vending machine.
- LCD T. V. Screen in the lobby.
- Class room audio broadcasting system.
- Ladies Gym.
- Ramp and parking for differently abled.
- Digital English Language Lab.
- DTH facility.
- Xerox Shop.
- Inflibnet & DELNET
- LCD Projectors & White Screen Board in each class room.
- Biometric Fingerprint System & Face Recognition System
- High Power Generator.